Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Camelbak® - Equipped For A Turbulent Economy



If you don't know by now, I'm very big on running these days. I love the Mizuno brand of shoes, and I love Nike gear. In one of my recent blogs, after my big run in April, I mentioned a young lady I met before the race. She inspired me in many ways, including running in a marathon in Iraq. The conversation started because her interesting backpack, which had a water spout.

Well, I now run with this same backpack, and I love it. The brand is called Camelbak®, and these particular products are part of this brand's Sports & Recreation line. They are very durable, but lightweight. Also, these backpacks are equipped with well-designed storage areas for phones, id cards, and mp3 players.



Camelbak® is a privately held company, based in Petaluma, California. The US military is one of many clients, which adds to the quality statement. You can even find Camelbak products in the Tour De France. The competitors, from a brief Google search, are Nathan Sports and a handful of small shops.

There's a lot that can be learned from a brand that stands alone, and still maintains a high standard of quality and innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment