Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Book Recommendation: Mojo

I very rarely look into self-help books. They typically repeat the same things. However, I have discovered an exception. In my first session with my new mentor, he challenged me with making a decision on who I want to be in the future - with some degree of detail. From this vision, we will work on charting a path, including some derivative of a SWOT Analysis. For my homework, he recommended that I read Mojo by Marshall Goldsmith. In fact, he sent me a copy of his book to read.

The book has been an enjoyable and easy read. I'm getting a lot out of the experience, and digesting a wide array of food for thought. The most important thing I've come to realize about my career/personal journey is the true lack of clarity in my mission. I've spent too much time being me to not know what I should be doing, or who I am in life.


Again, I highly recommend this book, as well as recommend that you find a mentor to keep you moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment