Friday, December 30, 2011

Been Thinking

I've had some time, some time to think about things. And lately I listen to the wind, and watch the stars, and stare at nature doing its thing. And I've come to realize my struggles, my flaws, the imperfections that make me who I am in life. And I've been thinking about all the different ways I've viewed the world. And lately, I've been exhausted from dreaming, dreaming all these years about things getting better for me - momentum. And I've been thinking about reality, and what makes it so threatening to my dreams. And the liquor doesn't taste good anymore, and the things that used to move me don't register like they used to, and I've given up on hoping for better, because it is what it is. And I've been thinking about the beauty of time, and how it reveals the things that are real and true, and exposes those things that are not true, and I've been thinking about how time has revealed the things about me that are true, and not true. And whether I like what I see or not, it truly is what it is. And the people that hurt me in the past don't hurt as much anymore, because I've realized that I've hurt people too. And maybe, just maybe, we are all doing the best that we can. If it were more it would have been that - no need in dreaming about it. And I've been thinking that as much as we think the world has changed over time, we have always done the best we could.

I've been thinking a lot lately, that maybe I'm over-thinking this thing.

For 2012, just be glad you have a shot at it - win or lose. You've got another chance.

Best wishes,

Ex-dreamer.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment