Sunday, August 05, 2012

Random Thoughts

As soon as I think I will have time to develop blog entries on a consistent basis, life takes over and changes my plans. Anyway, I have plans to begin discussing a blog entry that has been very popular on my blog - organizational structure based on function or product. If you read my entry on this matter, I suggest the potential for a new approach to organizing community colleges based on goals I deem more relevant to the function of community colleges in higher education. The proposed  structure favors product more than function, and it also addresses factors of legitimacy from an institutional perspective.

If time permits, and I can only hope that it will, I will dedicate my next series of entries to a discussion on my structural design, including the pros and cons associated with such a solution. In the mean time, please take a look at this article as food for thought.

Have a good week.



No comments:

Post a Comment