Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Data. Information. Decisions. Action. Change


Watch Middle School Moment on PBS. See more from FRONTLINE.

During my lunch break today, I took a quick view at this video on Frontline. The story has an interesting perspective on the use of data to inform decisions and actions. As in my title the flow should be:
  1. Data produces information
  2. Information influences decisions
  3. Decisions inform action
  4. Action leads to change

This is nothing new to you as a reader of this post. What I question is this. What did it take to make the change? How did this appear on the solution table as an option for the administrators? How many people were involved in the decision to use data?

If you have any advice in counsel on this, I would be most interested in your comments and feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment